PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner Recommendations?

jeckard2008
01-17-2012, 08:01 PM
I just added the Brick to my arsenal and I was wondering what cleaners you guys use and what works the best. I have been using the Powerhouse Clean and Dull but I don't think it does that good of a job. So if you don't mind tell me what you recommend and what to stay away from. Thanks guys :)

TenPinSniper
01-17-2012, 08:49 PM
PJ Snappy Tack (Not approved during competition)
Ultimate Bowling Products Black Magic Rejuvenator
Ultimate Bowling Products Ultra Gel Ball Cleaner
Valentino's Remedy RX
Valentino's Resurrection (Grit Based, sure it not approved during competition)
Power House Power Wash (Dull Equipment)
Power House Energizer (Polished Equipment)
Power House Clean and Dull
Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing Alcohol/Simple Green/Water mixture

Personal favorite that I've been using for over 10 years, Hot water.

Clean and Dull is used improperly by most people. You suppose to wipe the cover off with cleaner or water. It evens out the tackiness of the product. That clean and dull sit on the surface of the ball for a while.

Andrew Anderson
01-17-2012, 09:32 PM
My personal favorite:

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-accessories/TacUp/9480/Bowling-Ball-Cleaner-8-oz.html

Tack Up has worked beautifully for me. The guy who drills my balls, who I trust implicitly, says it is absolutely the thing to use.

I haven't tried the others, but I do like this one.

jeckard2008
01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Clean and Dull is used improperly by most people. You suppose to wipe the cover off with cleaner or water. It evens out the tackiness of the product. That clean and dull sit on the surface of the ball for a while.

Yea I knew about the water thing with the clean and dull, I just feel that there is a better cleaner out there. Besides your hot water method what would you recommend?

And Andrew thanks for the tip I will look into that one

Lonewolf300800
01-18-2012, 12:58 AM
i've recently started using a cleaner from Motive called Power Gel Scuff on my Brick and my Arson..works very well

Andrew Anderson
01-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks Jeckard. I am no expert on these cleaners, but the buy who drills my stuff is kind of the "ball driller for the stars" around here. He says it is way better than the others. I have taken his word for it.

Everytime I start reading the bottle on the other cleaners, he puts a bottle of this in my hand and tells me no to worry...it's the stuff.

I use it on all my Hammers. Ball is squeaky tacky after use.

TenPinSniper
01-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Yea I knew about the water thing with the clean and dull, I just feel that there is a better cleaner out there. Besides your hot water method what would you recommend?

And Andrew thanks for the tip I will look into that one

The Top 2 on my list, are used regularly my me. PJ's on spinner and Black Magic in the Bag.

Bought a Qt of the Black Magic based on very strong reviews to try out. Will probably be buying another Qt.

Got the Motiv Power Gel, smells like furniture polish or some commerical cleaner... not bad but not overly impressed. should have bought the Power Scuff.

Left off Lane Master's Ball Cleaner, it not approved for anytime use. Another Top Rated cleaner. I have not used. Suppose to have a very strong smell.

Stand left Throw right
01-19-2012, 03:49 PM
91% isophrofol alcohol here. After a good wipe down it sounds like a freshly clean window. Been doing this for several years on my BWS.

-Mark

butch444444
01-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Maybe Im doing overkill, but I use the Clean and Dull, and after wiping it off with a microfiber cloth, I use 91% Alcohol and apply it with clean paper towels and wipe it dry with a clean microfiber cloth.This seems to keep the ball very tacky and I havent noticed any drop off in performance over the bowling season. Hope all your balls put 10 in the pit.

BubbaRay
01-30-2012, 07:20 AM
Power House Power Wash
Power House Energizer Cleaner
Power House Clean and Dull
Power House Power Wash

Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing Alcohol/Simple Green/Water mixture

Also although these are jnot a ball cleaner, take a look at the New Power House Steroid Wipes.