Go Back   HammerTalk > Tournaments

Old 05-17-2009, 12:08 AM

Default pfenba

I'm going to be bowling in this tournament this holiday weekend. Is there anyone out there that knows what the shape of the lanes are?

It is in Wickliffe, Ohio at the Freeway Lanes on Euclid Ave.

I've tried their web site but doent give any info on lanes let alone oil pattern (like that part matter to me). But the synth.. or wood does matter A LOT

Any info would be great

pfenba.com

Last edited by snowspike1; 05-17-2009 at 12:10 AM. Reason: add web site
Old 05-17-2009, 06:18 AM

Good luck in the tournament this coming weekend. I am sure someone on here has some info for you about these lanes. If not you could look up their number and call the center and inquire about lane surface and possible what oil pattern they will lay out.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:29 PM

I tried to email the center and as about the lanes and all I got was that they keep the lanes maintaned.

A little history.. a couple years ago this same tournament (i forget where it was at off hand) but this house had a very bad problem...
1. the lanes looked like the surface of an orange and i swear they even have hills and valleys (like rollerboller carnival game).
2. I was raining the weekend i bowled and the house had more leaks than swiss cheese has holes. 1/2 the lanes were shut down cause the roof was leaking on them.

with those then while bowling i couldn't get anything to hook. Was like it was swimming in oil but the balls came back bone dry. so that threw me for a loop and was never able to do anything but ave. which doesn't get you squat.

I find it strange the a house in that shape was able to get that big of a tournament.

with this year i hope to bowl well and maybe i can make an excuse to goto reno next year (more the money than anything)
Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 AM

Anyone bowling in this tournament this year? Its in Buffalo at AMF Thruway lanes. Me and my team are going up and bowling the weekend of May 21st and 22nd. Last year it was in Grand Rapids and it was my first time bowling in it or any tournament for that matter. I bowled awful but Im looking to change that this year. Cant wait for all the brackets and jackpots.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:31 PM

Default pfenba

Haven't written in a while but I can give some limited info on Thruway lanes. Not sure which brand of lane they are but they are a synthetic. They keep the lanes up very well. I have bowled there quite a few times. They recently updated the scoring monitors. Have not seen the lanes flooded but they have been tough when bowling tourneys there.
Sorry not a lot of help but I hope this helps you out some.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilermakerloc7 View Post
Haven't written in a while but I can give some limited info on Thruway lanes. Not sure which brand of lane they are but they are a synthetic. They keep the lanes up very well. I have bowled there quite a few times. They recently updated the scoring monitors. Have not seen the lanes flooded but they have been tough when bowling tourneys there.
Sorry not a lot of help but I hope this helps you out some.
Thanks. I figured it had to be a pretty decent place seeing as they had PBA events there in the past.