Innovative 1 10.00%
Ebonite 1 10.00%
Other 0 0%
Build 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2006, 10:28 PM

Default Ball Spinners

Here is what I have found:
Any Reviews welcome of what you own or friend/buddy owns.
If you pick build, I need plans or place to get them. So if you can't find, have or tell where to get plans, please don't choose this option.
Donkee
http://www.donkee.com/spinner.htm

Vertex
http://vertexmold.com/VertexMoldBowlingBallSpinner.htm

Jayhawk
http://www.jayhawkbowling.com/Products/spinners.html

Innovative
http://www.innovativebowling.com/

Ebonite
http://www.ebonite.com/products/prodetail.php?PRKey=6

Other Brands???

Thought about building one... but would like plans and parts list. If you have this pm me.

Last edited by TenPinSniper; 11-07-2006 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:35 PM

If I buy one, kinda thinking one of the Jayhawk's, Innovative's or Ebonite's are the best ones... the build quality looks better to me.

Thanks

Last edited by TenPinSniper; 11-08-2006 at 11:03 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:06 AM

Anybody else?
Old 11-08-2006, 11:55 AM

Hmm whoever voted build, do you have any instructions to build one? ive thought of making one, but id rather go off some instructions then just go from scratch
Old 11-08-2006, 11:55 AM

I have a Jayhawk spinner in my shop. I also had a Jayhawk spinner in my previous shop. I have problems with current one (the On/Off switch at times). Need to hit the switch with something to get it to shut off at times.

Recently I purchased a Vertex 1/2hp spinner for my son. He uses it at home and takes it with him to tournaments (I bet the hotel maids wonder what happened in the tub when they come to clean the room). He has worked in bot my shops and said the vertex spinner is better than both of the Jayhawks I have had.

The price is right too

I had checked with a pro shop owner that has used a Vertex spinner for a couple of years, before I made the purchase. He swears by it and when my JayHawk breaks and I cant fix it for a reasonable price there will be a Vertex spinner in my shop

Last edited by pba6285; 11-08-2006 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-08-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pba6285 View Post
I have a Jayhawk spinner in my shop. I also had a Jayhawk spinner in my previous shop. I have problems with current one (the On/Off switch at times). Need to hit the switch with something to get it to shut off at times.

Recently I purchased a Vertex 1/2hp spinner for my son. He uses it at home and takes it with him to tournaments (I bet the hotel maids wonder what happened in the tub when they come to clean the room). He has worked in bot my shops and said the vertex spinner is better than both of the Jayhawks I have had.

The price is right too

I had checked with a pro shop owner that has used a Vertex spinner for a couple of years, before I made the purchase. He swears by it and when my JayHawk breaks and I cant fix it for a reasonable price there will be a Vertex spinner in my shop
I have heard of the same thing about the Jayhawk switches, we rewired my buddies with a dimmer switch to fix it. I haven't used a Vertex yet, but haven't heard anything bad about it either! I have used a Donkey and liked it, it looked like it would fall apart pretty easy, but when I used it, it ran solid. Out of the ones you can buy, I would stay with the Vertex, Donkey or Ebonites, the others are overpriced.
I'm working on building one now, from scratch sorry no plans yet, I'm still in the trail and error part of it. If I get it to the point I'm happy with it, I'll post up my plans.
Pearl Diesel
DOOM
And a bunch of other various brands

Killer revs = intense pin reactions
Old 11-08-2006, 02:13 PM

Well guys, i just placed an order for the vertex 1/3 hp spinner

http://www.wildoctopusbowling.com/in...ROD&ProdID=587

cheapest i found, for the price I couldnt pass it up, and it saves me a trip to the pro shop to do resurfacing and a deeper clean on my balls.

Ill let you know how it turns out, i also talked with vertex, they said the 1/2hp isnt much better than the 1/3 hp and they recommended the 1/3 hp personal spinner. I also asked about the new 5-pin spinner and they said its mainly used for smaller balls, just incase anyone was wondering between them.

Hope this helps
Old 11-08-2006, 02:42 PM

Daorge, It was DamHammer who voted to build one.

Has anyone seen a sites with the Ebonite ball spinner for sale? Just curious on the price.

Lots Of Rev's, do you have a part list. Think I could figure out the base.
What type of Motor, where to get the cup, pulley sizes, maybe good ideal on the belt. I was thinking about using a 3-position switch (off-lo-high) or varibale switch of sorts. Any ideals on water sealing the motor?
Would like to have something that will put the shine on, maybe 700-1000 rpm. Don't know how feasible that would be though or if its a good ideal.

Last edited by TenPinSniper; 11-09-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daorge View Post
Hmm whoever voted build, do you have any instructions to build one? ive thought of making one, but id rather go off some instructions then just go from scratch
No real instructions for building one, I did inherit one though.

it turns a lot faster than ones you can buy and after I got used to it, it did a better job on the equipment.

the system has a metal ball cup, with a shaft welded to it. the shaft is set into two sets of bearings with a pulley welded to the bottom of the shaft. the motor is an 110v air conditioner motor mounted the the side of the cabinet. the system is hooked together with a fan belt. if interested, I could take some pics of it and send them to you.

High Game - 300 x 3
High Series - 784 (259 - 247 - 278)
Old 11-09-2006, 07:07 PM

My vote is to post them here.
www.putfile.com

Username: hammervideos
Password: Hammer